Our goal is to cultivate an environment where every stakeholder can have an honest discussion. For instance, if a shareholder forcefully changes the board or policies, the company will not have the support of the employees, and doing business with such a company may become a source of anxiety for business partners. As a result, the business will not grow and not be a successful investment.
Since the holding period of an investment fund like J-STAR is usually several years, we will eventually have to sell our shareholdings. After the sale, we believe our role is to provide a foundation for the management and employees of the portfolio company to operate independently and fully demonstrate their capabilities under a new shareholder and new parent company that better matches their business strategy than J-STAR. For this reason, J-STAR places importance on having adequate discussions with portfolio companies and deciding on necessary changes only after their management is satisfied. In addition, it is J-STAR’s policy to communicate with the management of portfolio companies to obtain their satisfaction when selling their shareholdings.
Excellent managers and senior staffs. The involvement of J-STAR adds value and highlights the uniqueness and superiority of the business model.
Equity investment from JPY 1 billion to JPY 3 billion yen*
*The scale of the investment may vary greatly depending on the investment project, and the size of the amount will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Niche/Manufacturing businesses positions in the specific domains and possess technical capabilities with high entry barriers.
- Brand/BtoC and media-related businesses with strong brand power in specific markets.
- Unique Business Model/IT outsourcing service industry with unique and differentiated business models.
- Industry Reorganzation/Infrastructure-related, retail, healthcare-related, brand businesses consistent with economies of scope, trade area, and scale through mergers and acquisitions, and capable of horizontal development of superior management models
- Global Expansion/Manufacturing and retail businesses that have the technological and brand power to expand business overseas.
Approximately 3 to 7 years
Trade Sale, Management Buyout, IPO etc.